Wednesday, September 19, 2012

????????

I believe that Henry is a good king but not, "the mirror of all christian kings."  I would say that Henry has two main problems that keep him from being the, "mirror of all christian kings" the first being that he lets his temper get the best of him, the second being his lust for power.  Henry lets his temper get the best of him during the battle of Agincourt after a few French soldiers ransack their supply wagons and kill all of the English pages, letting his temper rule his actions he immediately has all of the French prisoners executed.  Henry's lust for power is what led him to go to war with France and to give France no choice but to make him heir to the French crown.  The former partying Prince Hal can be greatly admired for turning into the great Herny V, though I do not think he is "the mirror of all christians kings."

7 comments:

  1. Nice job showing details for each side and then stating your belief. You give good examples, but I would like to see some quotes in your writing, not lengthy, but enough to give strength to your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like the strength of your statement, although I would have liked to Hear your opinion on what a christian king is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with with you, I like how well you presented the different sides of your argument, it flows very well. Although I also agree with your mom in regards to the quotes. But over all, excellent job.

    Nate Sexton

    ReplyDelete
  4. almost everyone says "more qoutes"(myself included) but this paper is proof that you can manage without.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a very clear point of view. It is very to the point. I like how you included the part about Hal becoming Henry. But I agree that you could have added at least one more quote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done! I like how much detail you gave,(though I would have liked to see more quotes to back up these details) and I think you have done a fine job of making a 'to the point' paper that is easy to read.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job, although I wished there were some quotes to back up the details.

    ReplyDelete