Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WeekV: All Great Things Come to an End

Caesar "...swounded and fell down..." after refusing to accept the crown three times.  Cassius says that Caesar is a weak feeble man, "And this man is now become a god..."  I think Cassius sees that Caesar is coming to an end and Rome will be soon to follow.  Cassius eludes to the fall of Rome when he says "...we have the falling-sickness."  I think Cassius is the only one that sees the end of the "Great Roman Empire".

6 comments:

  1. You used your quotes as a part of your sentence!
    Brilliant!

    Nate Sexton

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, well done I liked the quotes and your answer to the "falling sickness" awesome job! -Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job I agree with Taylor I like how you answered the question to the "falling sickness".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto to the comments before mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Overall, I think this is one of the best replies to the question I have read. Good job explaining how you think Cassius felt about the "falling sickness." And good job explaining that it might be the end for Rome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does Cassius see the 'real end' to the Roman Empire or is he selfishly seeing the 'end' of the Rome that has led to his life of luxury?

    ReplyDelete