Thursday, October 18, 2012

Week8: Politicians...blah disguesting

Since this is an election year I suppose I will find people from Julius Caesar that are similar to the presidential candidates.  I think that Obama and Caesar have similar attitudes because they act like they so much better than everyone else and only some stuff they do isn't a waste of their time.  Obama especially acted like this during the first presidential debate.  Joe Biden is pretty much just a face that doesn't do much, although he has very good speaking skills like Cicero who in Julius Caesar is renowned for his oratorical skills.  Paul Ryan and Casca have very similar political view points, they are both opposed to one person having lots of power.  And last but not lest Mitt Romney, I guess I will have to jump on the band wagon of comparing him to Brutus because their is no other character in Julius Caesar that is similar to Romney.  Both are trying to help a country by taking political control of it.  However Brutus turns out to be a terrible ruler, hopefully Romney won't be like Brutus.

3 comments:

  1. I Loved the " only some stuff they do isn't a waste of their time." statement.

    Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was interesting how you compared Biden to Cicero, I had never thought of it that way.

    NS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the "only some stuff they do isn't a waste of their time." statement to. :)

    ReplyDelete