Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Much Ado About Nothing: L1, TQ4

In (1.1.121-151) we see the first argument between Benedick and Beatrice.  In mine own/No Fear Shakespeare's words it went something like this.  Benedick-(talking about Hero) If Leonato is her father im sure she would not want her face to look like his.  Beatrice-I amazed you are still talking. No one is listening to you.  Benedick- Oh look its my dear Lady Disdain.  Aren't you dead yet.  Beatrice- How could disdain die when you are here.  When you are around even lady courtesy turns into lady disdain.  Benedick- That makes lady courtesy a traitor. All women except you love me.  And its to I have no heart and love no one. Beatrice- That's a good thing for women. Or ells they would troubled with a nasty suitor. I thank God I do not need love. I would rather hear my dog bark at a crow than hear a man say he loves me.  Benedick- I hope you keep feeling that way or ells some poor man will get his face scratched up. Beatrice- If he had a face like yours a good scratching wouldn't make it worse. Benedick- Well you are teaching me like a parrot. Beatrice- I would rather be a squawking bird than a beast like you. Benedick- I wish my horse was as fast and tireless as your mouth, enough I'm done arguing. Beatrice- You always slip out of arguments like this. I know that from old times.   

4 comments:

  1. You didn't really give any brilliant opinions or philosophical thoughts...???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently all his question said to do was interpret that conversation... Sooo... My mistake.

      Delete
  2. I liked it good job:) but I have to agree with Jake maybe more of your own opinions and thoughts. though great job:) Allison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job. I am speechles

    ReplyDelete