Thursday, October 25, 2012
Week 9: My Thoughts
I did not like the Branagh version of Hamlet. Then Branagh turned Hamlet into a girly movie and come on there was only one scene that had very much blood. Branagh could have used lots of blood at the end of the movie when everyone was dying but no he turned that decent action scene into a girly action scene. The fight between Hamlet and Laertes would have been ten time better if Hamlet and Laertes would have been bleeding every where or if when Hamlet threw his sword at his uncle blood would have squirted everywhere when the sword hit him. But no the only person that bleed was Robin Williams, seriously. I also did not like the time period that he put it in. However Branagh does play a good crazy person. These are my thoughts on Kenneth Branagh's version of Hamlet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think Branagh is an amazing director, I mean think about it, he made a Shakespeare play slightly interesting.
ReplyDeleteI am assuming that the comment above is Ben.
Deleteyour right he did make it a girly moive but I was still very VERY impresed at both his acting and directing! also, to much blood can be a bad thing( I am going to get alot of flak for this).
ReplyDeleteThere is no such thing as to much blood!! Sorry Jake :) I agree completey with August. Sorry im late
ReplyDelete